Sunday, June 21, 2009

Baby is here!

Well, it is Father's Day and my first time as a new dad! Emerson and Meagan gave me a beautiful new watch to celebrate the occasion! They are so sweet to me! Emerson was good for most of the day, but got a little fussy towards the evening. She is always hungry and always pooping. I guess thats just how it goes. I love baby Emerson, but it will be nice to be able to actually talk to her one day. Right now she just stares up at me, sometimes she cries, sometimes she poots. She is a cutie though.
Anyways, this morning I got up bright and early and went and did yard work. I just wish that yards would stay done, but they never do. I went on weed, ant, and poo patrol. These are three things that really screw up my grass. My goal is to one day have the best yard in the neighborhood. We have so many old people that live in our neighborhood that have let their yards go over the years. They have nice fancy houses but gave up on grass a long time ago. So I think I have a good chance of one day having the best yard! On the other hand, I have to have one chemical for fireants, one chemical for grass weeds, a more potent chemical for weeds on concrete, pool chemicals, spa chemicals, that I am sure I am slowly poisoning myself! Eh, it looks good though.
Grilling out tonight was ok, but it was hot, like hotter than the ninth circle of hell. It was 98 degrees with 400% humidity. I mean why even have a temperature. The weatherman always says, well its 98, but it FEELS like 105. Why not just say it's 105? Why sugar coat things? Its freaking hot, we all know it, why try to knock it down a few degrees. It won't make me feel any cooler. That, and I had to put out the citronelle candles to keep the bugs away. The weird thing about grilling out tonight was the fact that I didn't even grill the meat. It was cooked in the stove. I only grilled the vegetables. They tasted good though, and I think turned out better than the meat.
After dinner we made our way to the den, but left the meat on the table. My dog Tank made his way up on the dinner table and ate the meat. He was so quick! It was something out of mission impossible. Now I have the difficult choice of eating the rest of the meat for lunch tomorrow, and HOPING he didn't touch it or lick it, or step on it. I think I will chance it...

No comments: